Freitag, August 05, 2005

Good morning, God bless, I'm still alive.
Dramatic header... I have been joking about this lately... Accidents with bicycles...
My whole right side is hurting like hell - when I move or try to cough. I*ve been doing a nice head-over-my-handle-bars-crash. A young woman... maybe 18/19 years old just appeared in my way out of nothing and I tried to avoid crashing into her - normally not my style. My left hand not in the right position to react, I only could use my right hand to handle my breaks. The right lever is operating the front brake, which is a very potential device. Result: head-first crash on my bars... bending my bicycle's steering device, which is made out of aluminium!!! I first was not able to breathe at all. Then I gained enough oxygen to give some dramatic wispers... "aaaaAAAh" -shortbreathe-shortbreathe-shortbreathe- "ooooAAAoh". Immediately three or four cars stopped, which is not usual in Berlin... but I*ve been in Berlin-Zehlendorf where things are still nice and people care about one another (as long as the light of day has not vanished/they don't have the feeling you are a bit of shit, because you look like it)... I like Zehlendorf, I grew up there. they would care if I was hit by a car. Even the girl who was causing this mess was not commiting a hit-and-run... All my love to Zehlendorf. I *heart* Countingvillage.
Fortunately, the presents I brought with me for my mom's birthday were not affected (Flowers, stylish latern for my mom's balcony and a gift-coupon for a full body massage from professionals). I could hide my accident for this evening pretty well. I am not shure, if I can do it tomorrow, my ribs are killing me. What ever... we'll see.

But there is still some good news...
I'll tell you from my desk at work...

Bye, bye

PS: Pictures from my new steering-device are up to follow in the next few days. And I am not going to show you my black and green body parts... So don't be afraid to visit this site again.